ipNX is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We have the drive and passion for making a significant difference that will benefit our clients, our people and the world around us. Our success, however, doesn’t come only from our technology. It comes from our community of diverse people.
Job ID: 16
Department: Group Infrastructure Unit
Location: Isaac John, Ikeja GRA, Lagos
Sub Department: Network Infrastructure Unit
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of IP network design, implementation, optimization, and maintenance to support voice, data and/or video networks in differing stages of development.
- Identify and implement equipment and solutions for creating and supporting IP networks for a variety of environments that require the use of wired and wireless transmission technologies.
- Work closely with related departments, partners, and Vendors to deliver high quality and reliable network performance.
- Evaluate user needs, systems, and new technologies to recommend the most effective communication and transmission systems.
- Research and evaluate network/systems, performance capacity, and compatibility with existing systems. Install, configure, maintain, and support network equipment and network operating systems (e.g., routers, bridges, servers, switches, and/or port connectors).
- Recommend and modify network configuration to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Configure network and/or third party software application programs to provide improved response time and/or quality.
- Recommend network database policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the network is fully operational and appropriately integrated for access with other systems.
- Analyze and monitor network activity to ensure optimal network operation.
- Monitor network traffic, usage, and performance.
- Run diagnostics to forecast performance thresholds.
- Perform analysis of network efficiency, traffic routing and troubleshoot network/system failures.
- Academic: BEng Computer Engineering, BEng Electrical Electronics or any IT related degree.
- Professional: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Experience: 3 Years and above
- Good LAN/WAN network design and implementation skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors, and members of team.
- Design and analytical troubleshooting of LAN, WAN network and Internet data architecture with good knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, RIP etc).
- Good knowledge of installation and configuration of core network devices and its relevant integration to the network (LAN, MAN & WAN).
- Ability to use network monitoring/optimization devices (software/hardware) to proffer solutions to network related problem and optimize network performance where necessary.
- Understanding of the base station power supply (DC and AC) architecture and interconnectivity of relevant power devices/components.
- A hands-on experience with the following is a must: IP Routing, MPLS, QOS, VPN.
- Knowledge and experience with network security (IPSec Firewalls) is desirable.
- A hand on experience with OSPF and BGP is desirable.
- Experience with Wireless Point-to- Point and Point-to- Multipoint technologies is desirable
- Must be able to follow multiple simultaneous projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Experience with leading inter- departmental negotiations, consensus building to reach common technical solutions.
- Hardworking and Tenacious.
- Performance driven.
- Sharp analytical and logical reasoning.
- Work effectively with my own initiative with minimal supervision and also as a part of a team.
- Good customer relations
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.