Guinness Nigeria PLC is striving towards world class and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria. The company is investing huge resources into: growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff (CAP) and capital for the latest technology.
The Electrical Technician Automation are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives in their department and for their own training and development.
Purpose of the role
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus
Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionized working environment
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner
- Focus on Planned and Corrective maintenance. Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Manage spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PPMS/EISC to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and communicate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND/Trade test certification or any nationally recognised technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in High Voltage operations, Generator maintenance, motor controls and lightening maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Proven skills and experience in Pump and valve maintenance, Bottling principles and processes and ability to read and interpret P& ID, mechanical drawings
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.