Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Emergency Project Assistant who can support our team to implement multi-sector programs including food security, WASH, shelter and NFI support.
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council is an international non-governmental organization which operates in over 30 countries aroudn the globe. In Nigeria, DRC operations are focused in North East Nigeria, particularly in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa States. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist during all the processes of rapid multi-sectorial needs assessment and emergency responses
- Assist in mobilizing the communities for the realization of all project / program activities
- Supervise assigned DRC associates and volunteers to meet their contracted obligations
- Disseminating and sharing information with Persons of Concern on their rights and access to services
- Apply technical elements of DRC Emergency multi-sector response, including technical applications of WASH / Food Security / Shelter and general Emergency Distribution strategies
- Plan, supervise and monitor training, awareness and sensitisation activities, including maintenance and verification of all supporting documentation and activities (e.g. pre- and post-tests).
- At field level keep good relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders
- To be successful in this role we expect you to knowledgeable on general emergency programming, particularly within an INGO context.
- You should have both project and people management skills, as well as the flexibility to work with competing priorities.
- Team work and motivation is a must.
- All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Two years Work experience with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and/or displaced population
- Experience implementing Emergency Programs, multi sector preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries, duty bearers and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English Language and have a sound knowledge of the local languages of Maiduguri and Mubi.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work in a variety of environments and in remote locations without communication or amenities.
- Remains productive when under pressure with ability to prioritise effectively, and respects and adheres to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email application software Languages:
- Contract length: 5 months
- Level: SB4
- Expected start date: February 1 2018
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Closing date for applications: 29th January 2018. However, due to the urgency of this position applications will be considered on a rolling basis and DRC reserves the right to start the recruitment process before the close date.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.