Our goal at the World Health Organization (WHO) is to build a better, healthier future for people all over the world. Working through offices in more than 150 countries, WHO Secretariat staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people.
WHO has 147 country offices and six regional offices. The headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 months
Closing Date: Jan 22, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Nigeria-Bauchi
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the post is to coordinate WHO data management and M&E activities at zonal level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the zone/states to (a)ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the surveillance and immunization program
- Monitor achievement of recommended surveillance performance indicators for Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP), other Vaccine Preventable Diseases as well as other diseases of public health priority as highlighted in Nigeria’s Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy.
- Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program
Description of Duties
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Establish, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to national level.
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to states for action.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Work closely with Zonal M&E officer in the provision of monthly feedback on M&E/Accountability Framework to states.
- Produce monthly and quarterly analysis feedback from data to enhance decision making at relevant levels
- Support the zone with data presentation, analysis and interpretation.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the zone.
- Provide technical data management support to the zone and states.
- Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers.
- Perform other activities as required by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant must have a university degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management and related field; preferably supplemented by a certificate in GIS.
- Must have received training in monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 5 years experience in data management and ICT in an international organization, NGO, government agencies or any other reputable organization.
- Thorough knowledge of data management/ICT skill; strong analytical skill.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Use of Language Skills: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 8,200,887 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply.